Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Setting the Table

So I am just sitting here with my son sitting next to me blogging on his computer.



And I can’t help but think about how thankful I am for what God has done for me in my life. He has done so much for me. He has healed me from scoliosis; a friend of mine literally saw my spine move. My son was healed physically; he was diagnosed with a possibility of having everything from leukemia to kidney failure with cystic fibrosis somewhere in there as well. They didn’t know what was wrong with him, but it didn’t matter God healed him. Those testimonies are huge!! But the testimony of my heart today is just the simplicity of God. How he is always there. Through what we would call the big things or the small things he is there. I think so many times I take things for granted the things He does for me everyday. I shouted and hollered when my spine was healed and when Liam blood tests and x-rays came back normal. I should hoop and holler that I have never gotten in an accident; I stay out of harms way everyday; I have never been without food (maybe not the food or the clothes I wanted but I still had them). Maybe I should be thankful that the sun came out today, and I have clean air to breathe (I have a friend in China where clean air doesn’t come to often).

I did an internship once in an intercity church in Little Rock, AR. The pastors there were so amazing! They had so much grace and patience for the people there. I remember one time there was a lady there who stood up and started shouting and praising God for her water and electric getting turned back on, that the van came and got her to church, and for her kids who are no longer going to get in trouble!! It was really funny at the time, but I think she was on to something

I asked a friend of mine how she was doing after a tragedy in her life. And she said all I know to do right now is to prepare a table of thanksgiving in the presence of my enemies. (Read Psalm 23 at some point today)

You know preparing a table of thanksgiving is a great idea, but not just during crisis but also during just simple things in our life. I feel like if we do that it doesn’t give the enemy and room to try to root selfishness, bitterness, jealousy, envy, insecurities in our life.



So my table of thanksgiving is always going to be set. I want to live a life of gratitude.




No comments:

Post a Comment