Saturday, March 30, 2013

Eyes of a Little

I don't know what babies are supposed to do, or the common things that every baby does. People laugh at me because I will say "My little man does this, and this, and this, etc.. Isn't that so cool. He is so smart" and they reply saying every baby does that. Well not as cool as my little monkey does it!!!



Since before my little monkey had the ability to see clearly out his eyes he wonld stare at me. Now that he is almost 6 month old he does it ALL the time. If I am in the room he is perfectly content to stare at me. He will glance over to what is going on in the room every once in a while but then he will fix his eyes back on his mommy.





Well tonight I am sitting here just watching him stare at me (there are a million other things to do in this house of mine but none of them are as rewarding than staring back at my son) As I sat there I realized something. His eyes are going to be fixed on me for the rest of his life. In an instance I felt fear, humility, and then the grace of God. I want what my son sees in me to reflect Christ, so that his eyes in the end will be fixed on Him. I felt the heaviness of this assignment but at the same time I felt God's grace. I knew that just like everything else in my life the Lord will show me how to do this as well. And in that moment I felt so grateful because the Lord chose those little eyes to look at me, knowing that I would show monkey how to look at HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment